Weight Watchers has changed their program. The points listed on my blog for WW points is for the old Momentum program.

I will be updating my recipes for the new Points Plus program. I am going to list the 4 nutrients needed to calculate the Points Plus for the recipe so that you can easily figure the PP per serving.

I am going to leave the old Momentum Points in case anybody is still following that program.

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Sunshine Scones ~ Weight Watchers

2 c. flour
1/4 c. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
2 T chilled butter, cut into small pieces
2/3 c. light sour cream
1/2 c. low fat buttermilk
1 T grated lemon rind (I used the rind from a whole lemon)
Cooking spray
2 tsp. turbinado sugar (I used regular)

Preheat oven to 400F.

Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.  Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.

Combine sour cream, buttermilk, and lemon rind in a small bowl; add to flour mixture stirring only until combined.

Turn on to a lightly floured surface; knead 4 times.

Divide dough in half.  Spray a baking pan (I used a stone) with cooking spray.  Shape each half into a 5" circle on the baking pan.  Score each circle into 6 pieces.  Sprinkle each with 1 tsp. sugar

Bake for 14 minutes or until lightly browned.  Cook on a wire rack.

YIELD:  12 scones
1 scone = 3 WW points

These were light and refreshingly lemon but not overpowered.  I may add lemon juice or extract next time.  I'd like a bigger scone for 3 points (the whole wheat blueberry scones that I posted on this blog are much bigger and 4 points for instance), but they were filling and a yummy snack with a cup of coffee.