Weight Watchers has changed their program. The points listed on my blog for WW points is for the old Momentum program.

I will be updating my recipes for the new Points Plus program. I am going to list the 4 nutrients needed to calculate the Points Plus for the recipe so that you can easily figure the PP per serving.

I am going to leave the old Momentum Points in case anybody is still following that program.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Blender Oat Pancakes ~ Sue Gregg

1-3/4 cups buttermilk
3 eggs
2 tbs oil (I use canola)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups rolled oats (old fashioned)
2 tbs sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp baking powder



Place the first 5 ingredients in a blender container and blend at high speed for 2 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and mix in thoroughly, but briefly, using blender or rubber spatula.
Bake on moderately hot griddle or in hot waffle iron for waffles.
YIELD:  16 pancakes (scant 1/4 c. batter each); 1 pancake = 2 WW PP
NOTES ~ I think this batter is too thin for pancakes and use only 1 1/2 c. buttermilk and slightly rounded cups of oats.
We like to add fruit but it doesn't seem to mix well for me (falls to the bottom).  I ladle the pancakes onto the griddle and put the fruit on top of them, cook and flip.

No comments: