Weight Watchers has changed their program. The points listed on my blog for WW points is for the old Momentum program.

I will be updating my recipes for the new Points Plus program. I am going to list the 4 nutrients needed to calculate the Points Plus for the recipe so that you can easily figure the PP per serving.

I am going to leave the old Momentum Points in case anybody is still following that program.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Stove Top Rice Pudding ~ Guideposts Magazine

1/2 c. sugar
2 T cornstarch
Pinch of salt
2 1/4 c. milk (I used fat free)
3 large eggs, slightly beaten
2 T butter
2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. cooked rice (I used brown)
ground nutmeg

**The recipe says to use a double boiler.  I just made it in the pan, stirring constantly on medium-high heat, like I was making a cream pie.  I hate double boilers.

Mix sugar and cornstarch in a medium pot.  Add milk and eggs; mixing well until smooth.  Add butter.  Cook over medium-high heat whisking constantly until mixture starts to thicken around the edges (and butter starts to melt.

Reduce heat to a simmer, cook and stir constantly for 10 min. (I switched to a wooden spoon here).  Be careful to not let pudding stick.

Gently mix in vanilla and fold in cooked rice (rice should be warm).  Sprinkle with nutmeg.  Cover, turn off heat, and let set about 10 minutes.

Serve warm with whipped cream if desired.  (I like it cold).

YIELD:  8 servings about 1/2 cup each.  1 serving = 5 WW PP

No comments: