3-4 lb. beef roast, well trimmed (I used chuck roast)
finely chopped onion (I used a large sweet onion)
finely chopped celery (I used 3 stalks)
1/3 c. soy sauce (although I used 1/2 c.)
Put all ingredients into the crock pot. I also sprinkled with salt and pepper. Turn on low. Cook on low overnight and throughout the next day.
After the first few hours of cooking, take the roast out and trim off any additional fat didn't get the first time.
Using a potato masher, stir and shred the beef. Stir it several times (I did it every time I walked by. The boys stirred it. Doug stirred it).
What you will have for dinner is a deliciously flavored and very moist and tender shredded beef. It is great for sandwiches. I put it over rice. I think you could add beef stock to it and make it juicier for French dip or over noodles or potatoes. It is QUITE yummy!
9 years ago

1 comment:
That sounds yummy! I may try that with the pork I've got in the freezer.
Post a Comment