Weight Watchers has changed their program. The points listed on my blog for WW points is for the old Momentum program.

I will be updating my recipes for the new Points Plus program. I am going to list the 4 nutrients needed to calculate the Points Plus for the recipe so that you can easily figure the PP per serving.

I am going to leave the old Momentum Points in case anybody is still following that program.

Monday, September 7, 2009

Tasty Meat Pie ~ Quick Cooking

1 lb. lean ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
11 oz. condensed beef with vegetables and barley soup, undiluted
1 can condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted
3 medium potatoes, uncooked, cubed
4 medium carrots, sliced
1/4 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
Pastry for double-crust pie

In a skillet cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the soups, potatoes, carrots, salt and pepper; mix well. Divide between two ungreased 9" pie plates.

On a floured surface, roll pastry to fit the top of each pie; place over filling. Seal and flute edges, cut slits in top.

Bake at 350F for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand for 15 min. before slicing.

YIELD: 2 pies with 6 servings each

**I like pastry on the top and bottom. I also make one large pie with this recipe in the Pampered Chef deep dish baker.

No comments: