Weight Watchers has changed their program. The points listed on my blog for WW points is for the old Momentum program.

I will be updating my recipes for the new Points Plus program. I am going to list the 4 nutrients needed to calculate the Points Plus for the recipe so that you can easily figure the PP per serving.

I am going to leave the old Momentum Points in case anybody is still following that program.

Friday, October 29, 2010

Pizza Soup ~ My Recipe

1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
3 garlic cloves, minced
12 oz. mushrooms, sliced
1 T olive oil
1/2 lb. 90% fat free turkey sausage links, casings removed
6 oz. turkey pepperoni, chopped
24 oz. Newman's Own sockarooni sauce (or any spaghetti sauce)*
16 oz. Homestyle pizza sauce (I used Mids brand)
28 oz. crushed tomatoes
1 c. fat free chicken broth
6 c. water
2 1/2 c. cooked whole wheat rotini pasta
Salt and pepper to taste
2 tsp. red pepper flakes
1 T dried parsley
2 tsp. dried basil

Saute vegetables in olive oil.  Add sausage, breaking up and cooking until browned.  Add remaining ingredients.  Simmer 30 minutes or more until heated through.

YIELD:  5 qts.
1 c. = 2 WW points; 3 WW P+

*Using different sauce may affect the WW points value

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mmm, sounds good. We love soup here.