Weight Watchers has changed their program. The points listed on my blog for WW points is for the old Momentum program.

I will be updating my recipes for the new Points Plus program. I am going to list the 4 nutrients needed to calculate the Points Plus for the recipe so that you can easily figure the PP per serving.

I am going to leave the old Momentum Points in case anybody is still following that program.

Monday, February 7, 2011

Crispy Pecan Crusted Chicken Breast ~ Weight Watchers

3/4 c. low-fat buttermilk
4 5-ounce boneless skinless chicken breasts
1/4 c. pecans, finely chopped
1/3 c. plain dried bread crumbs
1 tsp. Cajun seasoning

Soak chicken in buttermilk in the refrigerator for 20 min.

Preheat oven to 350F.  Combine pecans, bread crumbs and Cajun seasoning on a sheet of wax paper.  Remove 1 chicken breast from buttermilk, allowing excess buttermilk to drip off.  Coat chicken with pecan mixture, gently pressing to help it adhere.  Repeat with remaining chicken and pecan mixture.  Discard any leftover buttermilk and pecan mixture.  Lightly spray chicken on both sides with nonstick spray.

Spray a large nonstick oven proof skillet with nonstick spray and set over medium-high heat.  Add chicken and cook until golden, 2-3 minutes per side.  Transfer skillet to oven and bake until chicken is cooked through, 10-12 minutes.

YIELD:  4 servings; 1 = 6 WW PP

***I used 4 tsp. olive oil to brown the chicken.  Each serving is 7 PP with the oil and meets 1 oil requirement.  I also transfered the chicken to a baking stone and baked for 25 minutes.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That sounds yummy, Kel!!!