Weight Watchers has changed their program. The points listed on my blog for WW points is for the old Momentum program.

I will be updating my recipes for the new Points Plus program. I am going to list the 4 nutrients needed to calculate the Points Plus for the recipe so that you can easily figure the PP per serving.

I am going to leave the old Momentum Points in case anybody is still following that program.

Monday, September 24, 2012

Five Way Cincinnati Chili (Weight Watchers)

1 T olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
2 large garlic cloves, minced
1 pound ground skinless turkey breast
1 T chili powder
1 T paprika
3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cayenne
15 1/2 oz. can red kidney beans, rinsed and drainked
14 1/2 oz. can diced tomatoes with green chilies **
1 c. water
2 tsp. cider vinegar
12 oz. whole wheat spaghetti
12 T shredded reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
2 scallions, diced (I use red onion)

Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat.  Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring until onion is softened.  Add turkey and cook until no longer pink.  Stir in spices and cook, stirring about 1 minutes, or until fragrant.

Stir beans, tomatoes, water, and vinegar into the pot.  Cook, stirring occasionally, until chili is sickly thickened, about 30 minutes.

Meanwhile, cook spaghetti according to package directions.  Drain.  Divide evenly among 6 large shallow bowls.  Top evenly with chili and sprinkle 2 T cheese over each serving.  Serve with scallions.

YIELD:  6 servings (1 c. spaghett and about 1 1/2 c. chili)  1 serving = 11 PP
              1 1/2 c. of chili, with nothing else, is 5 PP

I've served this over pasta, rice, cornbread and baked potatoes. It's our new favorite chili!  It freezes beautifully and is yummy leftover.


**I use a can of fire roasted tomatoes and a can of diced green chilies.

No comments: