Weight Watchers has changed their program. The points listed on my blog for WW points is for the old Momentum program.

I will be updating my recipes for the new Points Plus program. I am going to list the 4 nutrients needed to calculate the Points Plus for the recipe so that you can easily figure the PP per serving.

I am going to leave the old Momentum Points in case anybody is still following that program.

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Gingerbread ~ Janinca

Janinca from SL shared a delicious gingerbread recipe last year.  I adapted it to make it more WW Point friendly(adaptations in parenthesis).  Here it is, just in time for the holidays this year. It is SO yummy!

2 cups flour (white whole wheat)
1/2 c. white sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 tsp. ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup butter (unsweetened applesauce)
2 eggs
3/4 c. fancy molasses
1/2 c. milk (fat free)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Measure all 11 ingredients into mixing bowl. Beat slowly to combine together. Beat at medium high speed for 2 minutes until smooth. Spread into greased 9x13 inch pan. Bake in oven for about 30 minutes until an inserted wooden pick comes out clean.

YIELD:  9 servings
1 serving = 4 WW points; 6 WW P+

No comments: