Weight Watchers has changed their program. The points listed on my blog for WW points is for the old Momentum program.

I will be updating my recipes for the new Points Plus program. I am going to list the 4 nutrients needed to calculate the Points Plus for the recipe so that you can easily figure the PP per serving.

I am going to leave the old Momentum Points in case anybody is still following that program.

Friday, November 7, 2008

Cranberry Oatmeal Bars (Chris M.)

1 c. fresh cranberries
1/2 c. and 2T sugar
2 1/2 c. flour
2 c. regular oats
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 c. butter, melted
1 1/2 c. chopped dates
3/4 c. chopped walnuts
1 c. caramel ice cream topping

Heat oven to 350F. In a bowl, combine betters and 2T sugar. In another bowl, combine 2c. flour, oats, 1/2 c. sugar, brown sugar and soda. Add butter and mix well. Reserve 1 c. mixture.

Press remaining mixture firmly into ungreased (I like with parchment so I can lift it out) pan. Bake 15 min.Sprinkle dates, nuts and cranberry mixture over crust. Mix caramel topping and 1/3 c. flour. Spoon over fruit and nuts. Top with reserved crumb mixture. Bake 20 minutes and cool completely.

YIELD: 3 dozen

No comments: