Weight Watchers has changed their program. The points listed on my blog for WW points is for the old Momentum program.

I will be updating my recipes for the new Points Plus program. I am going to list the 4 nutrients needed to calculate the Points Plus for the recipe so that you can easily figure the PP per serving.

I am going to leave the old Momentum Points in case anybody is still following that program.

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Pecan Tarts

1/2 c. butter or margarine, softened
3 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 c. flour

For pastry, in a mixing bowl, beat butter/margerine and cream cheese until thoroughly combined. Stir in flour.

Form into small balls and push into mini muffin tin. I use the small PC scoop, divide the dough in half, roll into a ball, put in tin and use the little tart former that PC sells to smoosh it around and form the cup.

Fill each pastry lined muffin cup with about 1 heaping tsp. of filling. Bake in a 325* oven about 30 min. or until pastry is golden and filling is puffed. Cool slightly in the pan, then remove to wire rack to cool completely.

PECAN FILLING:
Beat together 1 egg, 3/4 c. brown sugar and 1T butter, melted. Stir in 1/2 c. coarsely chopped pecans.

PUMPKIN FILLING:
Beat together 1 egg, 1/2 c. canned pumpkin, 1/4 c. sugar, 1/4 c. milk and 1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice.

YIELD: 2 dozen or so

1 comment:

mideastmom said...

Yum! You know, I've *never* used my mini muffin pan for tarts, even though I have the tart former. I guess I've just never had a tried and true recipe. I'm making some pumpkin puree tomorrow, and I'm definitely trying this recipe.