Weight Watchers has changed their program. The points listed on my blog for WW points is for the old Momentum program.

I will be updating my recipes for the new Points Plus program. I am going to list the 4 nutrients needed to calculate the Points Plus for the recipe so that you can easily figure the PP per serving.

I am going to leave the old Momentum Points in case anybody is still following that program.

Friday, November 7, 2008

Lemon Bars (Allrecipes)

1 1/2 c. flour
2/3 c. confectioners' sugar
3/4 c. butter, softened
3 eggs
1 1/2 c. white suter
3T flour
1/4 c. lemon juice
1/3 c. confectioners' sugar for decoration

Preheat oven to 375F.

Either grease a 9x13 pan or line with parchment paper. I line with parchment paper so I can lift them out and cut them nicely.

Combine the flour, 2/3 c. confectioner's sugar and butter. Pat dough into prepared pan. Bake for 20 minutes until slightly golden.

While the crust is baking, whisk together eggs, white sugar, flour and lemon juice until frothy. Pour this lemon mixture over the hot crust.

Return to the oven for an addition 20-25 ninutes, or until light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.

Dust the top with confectioners' sugar. Cut into squares.

YIELD: 3 doz

These freeze well. I layer them in a Rubbermaid container with wax paper between layers.

No comments: