Weight Watchers has changed their program. The points listed on my blog for WW points is for the old Momentum program.

I will be updating my recipes for the new Points Plus program. I am going to list the 4 nutrients needed to calculate the Points Plus for the recipe so that you can easily figure the PP per serving.

I am going to leave the old Momentum Points in case anybody is still following that program.

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Apple Bread (Jacques Pepin's Simple and Healthy Cooking)

2 c. flour (I use soft or hard white ww)
1/2 c. sugar
1 T baking powder
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 c. unsweetened applesauce
1/4 c. canola oil
2 eggs
1T vanilla
8 oz. unpeeled, chopped tart apples

Preheat the oven to 350F. Lightly coat loaf pan with oil or spray.

combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and nutmeg in a large bowl. Add the applesauce, oil, eggs and vanilla. Mix well with a whisk. Stir in the apple pieces. Pour batter into prepared pan.

Bake 65-70 minutes or until tests done.

Cool thorouthly on a rack before removing from pan.

YIELD: 1 loaf; 12 slices
1 slice = 3 ww points

No comments: