Weight Watchers has changed their program. The points listed on my blog for WW points is for the old Momentum program.

I will be updating my recipes for the new Points Plus program. I am going to list the 4 nutrients needed to calculate the Points Plus for the recipe so that you can easily figure the PP per serving.

I am going to leave the old Momentum Points in case anybody is still following that program.

Friday, October 17, 2008

Chili

2 lb. ground round
1 large onion, chopped
1 large bell pepper, chopped
1 6-oz can tomato paste
1 28-oz can crushed tomatoes
2 15-oz cans light red kidney beans
1 qt. (or more) tomato juice
1/3 c. packed brown sugar
Salt
Pepper
Cumin
Chili Powder
Pampered Chef Southwest Seasoning ** Optional

Brown beef, onion and pepper; drain. Stir in remaining ingredients and seasonings to taste. Simmer anywhere from 30 minutes to all afternoon. It is awesome leftover.

I serve this with elbow mac on the side. My family loves that. And also cheddar cheese and warm corn bread.

It makes a big pot of chili.

No comments: