Weight Watchers has changed their program. The points listed on my blog for WW points is for the old Momentum program.

I will be updating my recipes for the new Points Plus program. I am going to list the 4 nutrients needed to calculate the Points Plus for the recipe so that you can easily figure the PP per serving.

I am going to leave the old Momentum Points in case anybody is still following that program.

Friday, October 17, 2008

Swiss Steak in the Slow Cooker

3/4 c. flour
1 tsp. pepper
1/4 rsp. salt
2 to 2 1/2 ls. boneless beef top round steak
1-2 T butter
10 oz. can cream of mushroom soup
1 1/3 c. water
1 large onion, sliced
1-3 tsp. beef bouillon granules (or substitute beef broth for water)
1/2 tsp. minced garlic

IN a shallow bowl, combine the flour, pepper and salt. Cut steak into 6 serving size pieces; dredge in flour mixture.

IN a large skillet, brown steak in butter. Transfer to a slow cooker. Combine the remaining ingredients; pour over steak. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or until meat is tender.

Serve with mashed potatoes or noodles.

YIELD: 6 servings
1 steak with 1/2 c. gravy = 7 WW points

***I also cook this in the oven on low. I layer everything into my PC stoneware baker and use a stoneware lid. So yummy that way! I have a love-hate relationship with my crock pot, so I often cook crock pot recipes in my stoneware baker/lid in the oven.

No comments: