1 lb. dry ziti pasta
1 onion, chopped
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1 lb. lean ground beef (I like to use 1/2 beef and 1/2 sausage)
26 oz. marinara sauce (I use h/m and a little more than that)
6 oz. provolone cheese, sliced
3/4 c. sour cream
3/4 c. ricotta
6 oz. mozzarelle cheese, shredded (I use more than that)
2 T grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
Salt, Pepper, Italian seasonings
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; add ziti pasta, and cook until al dente, about 8 minutes; drain.
In a large skillet, brown onion, garlic and meat over medium heat. Add sauce and simmer 15 min.
Preheat the oven to 350F. Butter a 9x13 inch baking dish. Layer as follows: 1/2 of ziti, provolone cheese, sour cream, ricotta cheese, 1/2 the sauce mixture, remaining ziti, mozzarella cheese and remaining sauce. Top with grated Romano cheese (and more mozzarella if you are me ).
Bake for 39 minutes in preheated oven until cheeses are melted. OR if you are making it ahead and baking it, bake 60 minutes or more until the middle is hot.
This is our Christmas dinner meal. I serve it with homemade bread and a green salad.
I doubled this last year and put it in a huge roasting pan. It doubled easily and was SO good.
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment