Weight Watchers has changed their program. The points listed on my blog for WW points is for the old Momentum program.

I will be updating my recipes for the new Points Plus program. I am going to list the 4 nutrients needed to calculate the Points Plus for the recipe so that you can easily figure the PP per serving.

I am going to leave the old Momentum Points in case anybody is still following that program.

Monday, April 20, 2009

Calgary Stampede Ribs ~ Taste of Home

4 lb. pork western style ribs
3 garlic cloves, minced (I use a lot more than that)
1 T sugar
1 T paprika
2 tsp. each salt, pepper, chili powder and ground cumin
Favorite BBQ sauce

Rub ribs with garlic; place in a shallow roasting pan (I buy a jar of chopped garlic and use my fingers to rub the ribs with a lot of garlic). Cover and bake at 300F for 2 hours. Cool slightly.

Combine the seasonings and rub over the ribs.** Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.

Grill over medium heat, basting with BBQ sauce and turning, until heated through.

**You can put the roasted and rubbed ribs into ziploc bags and freeze. Thaw before grilling.

I like to make up a large amount of ribs at one time and freeze for use throughout the summer.

No comments: