Weight Watchers has changed their program. The points listed on my blog for WW points is for the old Momentum program.

I will be updating my recipes for the new Points Plus program. I am going to list the 4 nutrients needed to calculate the Points Plus for the recipe so that you can easily figure the PP per serving.

I am going to leave the old Momentum Points in case anybody is still following that program.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Porcupine Meatballs ~ Taste of Home

1/2 c. uncooked long grain rice
1/2 c. water
1/3 c. chopped onion
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. celery salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1 lb. 93% fat free ground beef
2 T olive oil
15 oz. can tomato sauce
1 c. water
2 T brown sugar
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

In a bowl, combine the first 7 ingredients. Add beef and mix well. Shape into 1 1/2 in. balls.

In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil; drain. Combine tomato sauce, water, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce; pour over meatballs. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 1 hour.

YIELD: 6 servings
1 serving = 5 WW points

No comments: