Weight Watchers has changed their program. The points listed on my blog for WW points is for the old Momentum program.

I will be updating my recipes for the new Points Plus program. I am going to list the 4 nutrients needed to calculate the Points Plus for the recipe so that you can easily figure the PP per serving.

I am going to leave the old Momentum Points in case anybody is still following that program.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Vegetable Barley Soup ~ Taste of Home

1 1/2 qts. vegetable broth
46 oz. tomato juice
2 c. water
1 c. diced celery
1 c. diced peeled potato
1 c. sliced carrots
1 c. chopped onion
3/4 c. uncooked barley
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 T Italian seasoning
2 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning
2 tsp. rosemary, crushed
1 tsp. fennel seed
1 tsp. dried mint

In a large kettle, combine all ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 hours.

YIELD: 3 1/4 qts.
1 c. = 1 WW point

Top with grated Romano cheese if desired. Additional WW points will apply.

No comments: