Weight Watchers has changed their program. The points listed on my blog for WW points is for the old Momentum program.

I will be updating my recipes for the new Points Plus program. I am going to list the 4 nutrients needed to calculate the Points Plus for the recipe so that you can easily figure the PP per serving.

I am going to leave the old Momentum Points in case anybody is still following that program.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Tortellini Spinach Casserole ~ Taste of Home

2 10-oz packages frozen cheese tortellini
1 lb. sliced fresh mushrooms
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. onion powder and pepper
1/2 c. butter, divided
12 oz. fat free evaporated milk
8 oz. brick cheese, cubed
3 10-oz packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
8 oz. mozzarella cheese shredded

Cook tortellini according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the mushrooms, garlic powder, onion powderand pepper in 1/4 c. butter until mushrooms are tender. Remove and keep warm.

In the same skillet, combine milk and remaining butter. Bring to a gentle bil; stir in brick cheese. Cook and stir until smooth. Drain tortellini; place in a large bowl. Stir in the mushroom mixture and spinach. Add cheese sauce and toss to coat.

Transfer to a greased 3 qt. baking dish; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Cover and bake at 350F for 15 min. Uncover; bake 5-10 min. longer.

YIELD: 12 servings
1 serving = 8 WW points

1 comment:

Tannis said...

I made this last night and it was very good!