Weight Watchers has changed their program. The points listed on my blog for WW points is for the old Momentum program.

I will be updating my recipes for the new Points Plus program. I am going to list the 4 nutrients needed to calculate the Points Plus for the recipe so that you can easily figure the PP per serving.

I am going to leave the old Momentum Points in case anybody is still following that program.

Monday, September 29, 2008

Apple Walnut Bread

1 c. white flour
1 c. soft wheat (It would be great ALL soft wheat IMO)
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. cinnamon, or more
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 c. chopped walnut (I think 3/4 c. would be yummy and so would pecans)
1/4 c. butter, softened
1/4 c. applesauce, unsweetened
1/2 c. white sugar
1/2 c. brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. apples, cored and chopped (I left the peels on)

Preheat oven to 350*. Spray loaf pan with oil.

Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, spices and nuts.

Beat butter, sugars and 1 egg until smooth. Beat in additional egg. Stir in applesauce and vanilla. Dump in dry ingredients and mix until moistened. Stir in apple.

Scoop (it will be very thick) batter into loaf pan. Bake for 55-60 min. until tests done.

YIELD: 1 loaf
There are 52 WW points in this WITHOUT the nuts.

No comments: