Weight Watchers has changed their program. The points listed on my blog for WW points is for the old Momentum program.

I will be updating my recipes for the new Points Plus program. I am going to list the 4 nutrients needed to calculate the Points Plus for the recipe so that you can easily figure the PP per serving.

I am going to leave the old Momentum Points in case anybody is still following that program.

Monday, September 29, 2008

Creamy Chicken and Rice Soup

1/2 c. chopped carrot
1/3 c. finely chopped onion
1/3 c. chopped celery
1 garlic clove, minced
2T butter
1/4 c. flour (soft white works great)
2 14-1/2 oz. cans chicken broth (I use homemade from the freezer)
2 c. cooked rice (I use brown)
1 c. cubed cooked chicken
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. pepper
1 cup milk (I use skim)
2 T lemon juice

In a large saucepan, saute the carrot, onion, celery and garlic in butter unil tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in broth. Add the rice, chicken, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 min. or until vegetables are tender. Reduce heat to low. Stir in the milk and lemon juice. Cook and stir for 5 min. or until heated through.

Yield 6 servings
1 c. = 3 WW points

3 comments:

Oh Joy! said...

This is a sinfully good recipe... I gained about 10lbs on this soup!!! OH!!! SOOOO GOOD!!!

Melody said...

I made this tonight and it was great! Thanks for the recipe!

Andrea said...

This was a hit, Kelly! Thanks!