Weight Watchers has changed their program. The points listed on my blog for WW points is for the old Momentum program.

I will be updating my recipes for the new Points Plus program. I am going to list the 4 nutrients needed to calculate the Points Plus for the recipe so that you can easily figure the PP per serving.

I am going to leave the old Momentum Points in case anybody is still following that program.

Monday, September 29, 2008

Orange Roast Chicken

1 whole roasting chicken (Mine was 8 lbs., teenage boys)
Olive Oil
Salt
Pepper
Rosemary (I used Pamp. Chef Rosemary & Herb)
1 orange
1 onion

Rinse chicken and pat dry. Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle salt, pepper, rosemary and zest of 1 orange all over chicken. Quarter orange and onion, stuff in cavity. Bake until finished.

I have the Pampered Chef stoneware baker with stoneware bowl that I make all my roasted meats in. So if you don't have that, just put in a pan and roast uncovered until browned, then tent with foil.

I put mine in for 325* for an hour, turned downt o 275* while I napped, turned up to 350* the last 40 min. while making potatoes, etc.

Let chicken set 10 min. before slicing to let juices redistribute. Your meat will be more moist this way. So yummy!

Remove the skin and 1 ounce is 1 WW Point!

No comments: