1 c. rolled oats
1 c. buttermilk
1 c. whole wheat flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. applesauce
1 egg
1 apple, peeled and diced
handful of raisins
1/2 c. chopped walnuts, optional
Place oats in a small bowl, pour n buttermilk. Let sit for 2 hours at room temp.***
Preheat oven to 375F. Prepare 12 muffin cups with papers or lightly spray with oil.
In a large bowl, stir together whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and brown sugar. Stir in oat/buttermilk mixture, applesauce and egg; mix well. Stir in walnuts. Pour batter into prepared muffin cups.
Bake in preheated oven for 30 min., or until a toothpick tests done.
***I never do this and they turn out just fine.
YIELD: 1 dozen
1 muffin = 4 WW PP with walnuts
I prefer spicy muffins, so I add cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment