1 lb. elbow macaroni (I use whole wheat)
8 T butter (4T)
1/2 c. shredded Muenster cheese (2 oz)
1 c. shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (4oz)
1/2 c. shreeded Montery Jack cheese (2oz)
1 1/2 c. half-and-half (1 1/2 c. ff evaporated milk)
8 oz. cubed Velveeta cheese (8 oz cubed 2% Velveeta)
2 eggs, beaten
1/8 tsp. pepper
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain well and return to cooking pot.
In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt 8 T butter, stir into the macaroni.
In a large bowl, combine Muenster, Cheddar and Montery Jack cheeses; mix well.
Preheat oven to 350*F.
Add the half-and-half, 1 1/2 c. cheese mixture, cubed Velveeta, and eggs to macaroni; mix together and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a lightly greased 9x13 dish. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 c. cheese.
Bake in preheated oven for 35 min. until hot and bubbly around the edges; serve.
I can never remember if I should cover this or not. The directions don't say and I just sometimes do and sometimes don't.
YIELD: 12 servings
1 serving (with changes in () ) = 5 WW points
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment