Weight Watchers has changed their program. The points listed on my blog for WW points is for the old Momentum program.

I will be updating my recipes for the new Points Plus program. I am going to list the 4 nutrients needed to calculate the Points Plus for the recipe so that you can easily figure the PP per serving.

I am going to leave the old Momentum Points in case anybody is still following that program.

Monday, September 29, 2008

Mexican Lasagna

1 lb. lean ground round
16 oz. can fat-free refried beans
2 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. ground cumin
3/4 tsp. garlic power (I used 2 cloves, minced)
9 uncooked lasagna noodles (whole wheat) (I partially cook whole wheat noodles)
16 oz. salsa
2 c. water
16 oz. reduced-fat sour cream
1 can (2 1/4 oz) sliced ripe olives, drained
7 oz. shredded 2% sharp cheddar cheese or Mexican blend
1/2 c. thinly sliced green onion

In a nonstick skillet, cook beef (and garlic if using fresh) over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add the refried beans, oregano, and garlic powder (if NOT using fresh); heat through.

Place three noodles in a 7 x 11 pan sprayed with oil; cover with half of the meat mixture and 1/3 of the cheese. Repeat layers. Top with remaining noodles. Combine salsa and water; pour over noodles.

Cover and bake at 350* for 55 minutes, sprinkle rest of cheese and bake an addition 6-10 minutes, uncovered, or until cheese is melted and noodles are tender.

Spread with sour cream. Sprinkle with olives, cheese and onions.

YIELD: 9 servings
1 serving = 5 WW points without sour cream; 6 WW PP

No comments: