2 eggs
2/3 c. white sugar
2 very ripe bananas, mashed
1/4 c. unsweetened applesauce
1/3 c. skim milk
1 T vegetable oil
1T vanilla
1 3/4 c. flour (ww pastry works really well)
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 c. chopped walnuts or pecans
It doesn't call for spices, but I like mine spicey. So I just dump in some Pamp. Chef cinnamon plus, which would be equivalent to pumpkin pie spice.
Preheat oven to 325*F. Spray loaf pans with oil.
In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Stir in bananas, applesauce, milk, oil and vanilla.
In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir flour mixture into banana mixture, mixing just until blended. Pour batter into pan.
Bake in preheated oven until golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of loaf comes out clean, about 1 hour. Turn bread out onto a wire rack and let cool.
YIELD: 1 loaf
12 servings: 2 ww points per serving without nuts; 3 ww points WITH nuts.
My kids don't like walnuts in it, but I do. Although I don't like the extra fat and calories from the nuts. So sometimes I sprinkle whole walnuts on top of the bread before baking. They come out yummy and toasted and the kids can pick them off.
This recipe is easily tripled or more and freeze well.
9 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment