Weight Watchers has changed their program. The points listed on my blog for WW points is for the old Momentum program.

I will be updating my recipes for the new Points Plus program. I am going to list the 4 nutrients needed to calculate the Points Plus for the recipe so that you can easily figure the PP per serving.

I am going to leave the old Momentum Points in case anybody is still following that program.

Monday, September 29, 2008

Banana Walnut Pancakes

2 large ripe bananas, peeled and slice
1 T sugar (or whatever sweetener you use)
1 c. soft white whole wheat flour (or all purpose if you don't do WW)
1/2 c. rolled oats
1T baking powder
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon and nutmet
1/4 tsp. sea salt (or salt)
1 c. fat-free milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 T vegetable oil
1/2 - 1c. chopped walnuts (the recipe calls to add nuts to the top. I like them stirred in. Did NOT calculate WW points with nuts)
Warm syrup

In a large bowl, combine sugar, flour, oats, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; mix well. Combine milk, egg and oil; add to dry incredients. Stir in bananas and walnuts. Do not overmix.

Drop by 1/4 cupfulls onto hot griddle. Cook until bubbly, turn and finish cooking.

YIELD: 6 servings
1 serving = 4 WW points without syrup OR nuts!

No comments: