Weight Watchers has changed their program. The points listed on my blog for WW points is for the old Momentum program.

I will be updating my recipes for the new Points Plus program. I am going to list the 4 nutrients needed to calculate the Points Plus for the recipe so that you can easily figure the PP per serving.

I am going to leave the old Momentum Points in case anybody is still following that program.

Monday, September 29, 2008

Blueberry Oatmeal Muffins

3/4 c. oatmeal
1/4 c. wheat germ (I used toasted)
1 1/2 c. flour (I use soft white whole wheat)
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 c. chopped walnuts
1/2 tsp. salt
1T baking powder
3/4 c. fat free milk
1/2 c. unsweetened applesauce
1 egg
1 c. blueberries (I used frozen)
1/3 c. old-fashioned oats
1/4 c. brown sugar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400* F. Lightly grease 12 muffin cups.

In a large bowl, mix 3/4 c. oats, wheat germ, flour, sugar, walnuts, salt and baking powder. Stir in the milk, applesauce and egg just until dry ingredients are evenly moist. Fold in the blueberries. Scoop batter into the prepared muffin cups.

Mix 1/3 c. oats, brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Divide evenly over tops of muffins.

Bake 20 min. or until knife inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.

YIELD: 12 muffins
1 muffin = 3 WW points' 5 WW PP

No comments: