Weight Watchers has changed their program. The points listed on my blog for WW points is for the old Momentum program.

I will be updating my recipes for the new Points Plus program. I am going to list the 4 nutrients needed to calculate the Points Plus for the recipe so that you can easily figure the PP per serving.

I am going to leave the old Momentum Points in case anybody is still following that program.

Monday, September 29, 2008

Red Sauce

2-28 oz. cans tomato puree + 1 or 2 cans water
3-6oz cans tomato paste + 2 cans water
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
salt
pepper
parsley
basil
oregano
1 whole onion, peeled

Mix the tomato products and water together. Drop in the whole, peeled, onion (we don't like to chew onion but love the flavor). Sprinkle the top of the sauce with salt, pepper, generous amounts of parsley and oregano and 1/2 as much basil. Add minced garlic. Simmer all day or just a few hours.

Makes about 4 qts.

No comments: